The Longest Yard (1974)

Nominated for 1 Academy Award:

Best Editing

 

I seem to be stuck with this 7.5/10 rating, but it’s fit for many films I get to see. It also feels right for The Longest Yard, a 1970s sports comedy that is not excellent, but is good-natured and quite enjoyable to watch. I suspect it’s the film that made Burt the sex symbol of that decade to follow and also the box office draw he was meant to become.

So, he’s fine in it, and not just handsome, even though he’s often deliberately shot as eye-candy. Eddie Albert gives a funny supporting performance as a vicious warden and could’ve been nominated for an Oscar. Almost half of the film is focused on one game, the BIG game, and while I don’t follow American football or care for it, it was still engaging most of the time. It’s a nice film, with a nice story, and that’s that.

 

I give it: 7.5/10

IMDB LINK

Comentarii

Postări populare