The Salesman (2016)


Nominated for 1 Academy Award:

Best Foreign Language Film - Iran (WON)

After seeing A Separation and The Past years ago, I can draw the conclusion that Asghar Farhadi creates the films I could only aspire to make, more specifically the screenplays I could only dream of writing. His dramas about everyday people hit you hard and are hard to shake off. He seems to have such a deep understanding of people and human relationships, such talent for twisting plots and taking unexpected turns. The Salesman was difficult to watch, in many ways, and it’s also gonna be very hard to forget.

I stayed away from it for years, because I had heard it is quite devastating and I don’t remember the last time I was this tense watching a film. He takes you on these emotional journeys filled with nerves and anxiety, and does all that with human situations, without killers and thrillers.

I must mention the two leads, Shahab Hosseini and Taraneh Alidoosti, who were amazing.

I give it: 9/10 (with a potential upgrade)


Comentarii

Postări populare