Jagged Edge (1985)

Nominated for 1 Academy Award:

Best Supporting Actor: Robert Loggia

 

I love to see a mystery thriller once in a while, and this one I never got the chance to. I had heard it wasn’t that good, but that felt less important, since I suspected it might be fun and easy to watch. And it was, a courtroom drama that cannot be taken too seriously, but that is enjoyable and, luckily, not entirely predictable. I didn’t know who the killer was, and I think the film would’ve worked both ways.

Glenn Close is above the material, doing her best with a screenplay that’s pretty thin. She brings the serious acting to the table. Also good is Robert Loggia, in his rather unexpected nomination as, surprising to me, a good guy. He usually plays such tough roles, and I think the Oscar nomination is deserved. The film doesn’t have the ending I would’ve wanted, but it was still entertaining to watch.

 

I give it: 7/10

IMDB LINK

Comentarii

Postări populare