Trading Places (1983)

Nominated for 1 Academy Award:

Best Music, Original Song Score and Its Adaptation or Best Adaptation Score

 

What did I get myself into? I was expecting a light Eddie Murphy comedy, and what I got WAS a light Eddie Murphy comedy, but also featuring racism, blackface, sexism and unnecessary nudity. Of course, racist characters don’t make a racist movie, but racism is featured to borderline offensiveness 😊 it’s so far from any political correctness, but, hey, those were the 80s.

As a film itself, it surely has funny moments and a nice pace, a nice idea, and you don’t have time to get bored, even if the screenplay is undercooked. Eddie is good, it’s one of his first films, he was in his early 20s here. Don Ameche and Ralph Bellamy are delicious in two outrageous roles.

 

I give it: 7/10

IMDB LINK

Comentarii

Postări populare