JFK (1991)

Nominated for 8 Academy Awards:

Best Picture

Best Director: Oliver Stone

Best Supporting Actor: Tommy Lee Jones

Best Adapted Screenplay

Best Cinematography (WON)

Best Editing (WON)

Best Music, Original Score

Best Sound

 

Up until reading about it today, I wasn’t aware of how controversial JFK really was, how the media (and not just critics) tried to take it down even as it started shooting, waiting for it to flop. And it didn’t, quite the contrary. Since it’s taking so many liberties with what the truth is, I get it why it might have its haters, but I’m kinda glad this kind of film exists. Even if it’s wrong about what happened, it makes you think and, more importantly, it makes you want to investigate.

As a film experience, it really didn’t feel like 3 hours and 25 minutes, probably because the first half is so engaging, and I was very invested to see where it was going. It’s too preachy at times, like most American movies, those parts about the home life are beyond clichés, Joe Pesci looks ridiculous, but I still kind of liked it and I loved the big re-enactment from the courtroom scene at the ending. It should be seen. (also: amazing editing, and I can only imagine how hard it was to put it together)

 

I give it: 8.5/10 (though it could also be a 7 or a 9… I don’t know)

IMDB LINK

Comentarii

Postări populare