Easy Rider (1969)

Nominated for 2 Academy Awards:

Best Supporting Actor: Jack Nicholson

Best Original Screenplay

 

The best thing I can say about Easy Rider is that it got better along the way, because that first half was almost disastrous. But then Jack Nicholson stepped in, and it’s his breakthrough role, and he’s quite great in it, because it seems like he’s the one who is not COMPLETELY high during this entire production. He enters the pic, elevates the level for everyone on screen, and then leaves abruptly.

I can see why Easy Rider kind of changed the game back then, but to me it ended up looking like a student film most times, with no clear direction. The ending is OK, but random. What I did appreciate were Jack, the unexpected sense of isolation of the characters, and that it didn’t fear making some bold choices.

 

I give it: 6/10

IMDB LINK


Comentarii

Postări populare