Death on the Nile (1978) - 2nd time

Nominated for 1 Academy Award:

Best Costume Design (WON)

 

I know this Agatha Christie adaptation has a lot of haters, and I can’t seem to remember myself why I gave it a 5 the first time I saw it about 10 years ago. Was I disappointed with the answer to the mystery? Maybe, but how odd that now, the second time, even as I remembered the killer, I was quite captivated by it, discovering all kinds of twists I had forgotten about. Is the ending a bit… anticlimactic? Yup, but that doesn’t take away from how entertaining the film was.

Maybe it could’ve been better written and directed, but my expectations were not high. It’s indeed very far-fetched. I’m giving a shoutout to Angela Lansbury who should’ve been nominated for Best Supporting Actress, and was probably very close to it, and also to Mia Farrow, who gives the other performance that stands out.

 

I give it: 8/10

IMDB LINK

Comentarii

Postări populare