Dead Poets Society (1989)

Nominated for 4 Academy Awards:

Best Picture

Best Director: Peter Weir

Best Actor: Robin Williams

Best Original Screenplay (WON)

 

I’d never seen this film before, but I was partly aware of its ending and that something tragic was supposed to happen at the end. It’s one of those films that I didn’t love, but yet I was engaged in watching it and invested in the characters, so it never really felt boring or dull. Sure, it’s a bit silly, I mean the premise of the film. But, at the same time, it’s well directed and the supporting guys (the students) were mostly good. Congrats to Robert Sean Leonard for managing a tricky underwritten role and to Josh Charles for bringing the charisma the film needed.

Not much to say about the screenplay (it has its ups & downs), and not much to say about Robin Williams, who is barely in the film and his part is quite underwritten.

 

I give it: 8/10 (I guess)

IMDB LINK

Comentarii

Postări populare